Ingredients: (For 1 pizza)
Our Perfect Pizza Dough – Click HERE for the recipe.
3 tbsp – 1/4 cup of your favourite tomato/pizza sauce. I prefer to use 100% Passata di Pomodoro (pure Italian tomato purée)
3 – 4 rashers of smokey bacon
12 – 15 rounds of spicy pepperoni
1/2 of a small onion sliced into thin rings, or to suit your taste
125 g (4.5oz) mozzarella cheese, grated
Extra virgin olive oil
- Begin by preparing the dough following the directions in the recipe HERE.
- When the dough has risen, preheat your Fornetto to 190C (375F). (Note that for a deep dish pizza done in ceramic, it’s important that the heat is not too high or the toppings will cook too quickly and the dough won’t cook through.)
- Lightly grease the dish with a small amount of olive oil.
- Spread the dough in the dish using your finger tips until it stays at the edge of the dish on its own.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the dough. If you like it very saucy, use the whole 1/4 cup of sauce.
- Sprinkle 3/4′s of the grated cheese evenly over the sauce.
- Place the bacon, pepperoni and onions rings evenly on the pizza and sprinkle the remaining cheese over top.
- Drizzle the top lightly with extra virgin olive oil.