With the oven still hot from cooking, this is the perfect opportunity to roast seasonal stone fruit such as peaches, nectarines, apricots or plums for a simple no fuss dessert.
- Cut your fruit in half, remove the stones and place in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with a little caster or brown sugar.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes in the hot oven.
- The fruit should be lovely and soft and just holding its shape.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving with ice cream or cream.
You can let some of the fruit cool right down and then spread like a jam or preserve over your fresh baked bread.