- Begin by halving and scrapping out the seeds and pith from the inside of the zucchini.
- Fill the hollowed zucchini halfway up with the cooked pasta.
- Fry the chicken in a small amount of olive oil and season it with the oregano, salt and pepper. Spoon over the pasta to fill the zucchini halves.
- Sautée the onion with the tomato and bell peppers in a small amount of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spoon liberally over the chicken. Dust lightly with finely chopped flat leaf parsley.
- Cover liberally with grated Mozzarella cheese and top off with a good sprinkling of freshly grated Parmesan.
- Bake in a 180C (355F) preheated Fornetto oven on the lowest shelf for 40 minutes to one hour. Move the baking dish into the top position to brown the cheese if you desire.*
- Remove the zucchini from the oven and allow it to cool just slightly before serving.
- Serve the stuffed zucchini with fresh basil sprinkled over top and on a layer of homemade béchamel.
- See our website for the béchamel recipe. Enjoy!
*You can also bake the courgettes in a kamado or smoker, set to the same temperature, using indirect heat. Or try grilling them on top of your gas or charcoal grill. The courgettes can also easily be baked in a conventional oven!