This recipe makes two Peka’s. Half the recipe if you need to.
Serve the Peka with artisanal bread and Ajvar (a red pepper paste) and pickled side dishes. Accompany with Croatian wines or lagers.
- Prepare the meat as mentioned in the list of ingredients.
- Combine the chicken, beef (veal) and lamb in a large bowl and season generously with finely chopped rosemary, coarse salt, and extra virgin olive oil. Refrigerate while preparing the vegetables.
- Preheat your Fornetto or oven to 250C (F).
- Prepare and chop the vegetables as mentioned in the list of ingredients.
- In the bread cloche, begin by placing the garlic in the centre. Surround the garlic with vegetables and the beef (veal) and lamb. Place the chicken on the surface of everything. This will allow the skin to crisp and brown.
- Douse the meat and vegetable mix with the wine. Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and coarse salt and finish off with a generous drizzling of extra virgin olive oil. Finish off with fresh sprigs of Rosemary.
- Cook at 250C for 1 to 1 1/2 hours on the floor of the Fornetto or the lowest rack possible of your conventional oven.
Tip: Serve with pickled or brined vegetables and crusty bread.