- Preheat your Fornetto oven or your conventional oven to 200℃ (400℉).
- Combine the dry ingredients in one bowl and the liquids and corn in another reserving the egg whites to one side.
- Slowly pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture stirring continuously. Small lumps are okay.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Grease the pie dish generously with butter and heat for 10 minutes in the Fornetto. Remove the dish with gloves and with a basting brush spread the melted butter over the cook surface as well as possible.
- Pour the batter into the dish and bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until the top is golden.
Tip: Serve with chili, stew or any roast meat and gravy.
Tip: Try making the cornbread in a Fornetto smoker over a medium high heat for a delicious smoky flavour.