A hot oven and a long cooking time makes for chicken that falls off the bone! Temperature can be 230C (450F) and cooking time should be in excess of an hour to increase the tenderness.
- Place seasoned chicken thighs in the bottom of a ceramic coated Dutch oven.
- Pour in the wine (it should not cover the thighs, allowing them to brown).
- Add the butter and garlic.
- Sprinkle with fresh thyme.
- Slice one of the lemons and add lemon slices on top of the chicken.
- Halve the other lemons and squeeze juice over the chicken.
- Salt and pepper generously and cover to cook.
- Variations include adding chopped onions or shallots and topping with chopped chives or crushed red pepper.
Note: I’ve made it several times and it is always a crowd-pleaser. Maribeth.