- Simmer the whole nappa cabbage for 20 minutes in salted water.
- Sauté the onion, garlic, and ginger with the chicken. Allow to cook fully.
- Add in the vegetables and continue sautéing for a further 5 minutes. Add the soya and the sesame oil. Mix in the rice and combine well. Allow cooling.
- Beat the eggs and add them to the chicken mixture mixing well.
- See our blog for how to stuff the nappa cabbage.
- Bake for 1.5 hours at 190C (375F).
- Serve drizzled with dark soya sauce and sprinkled with fresh chilies and green onions.
This could be made in a conventional oven, the Fornetto oven, a kamado or a smoker.