- When the onions and chicken have cooled, mix them with the vegetables and the béchamel and toss to coat completely.
- After having unrolled the puff-pastry, turn the pie dish over on top of the pastry and cut out a circle to fit the circumference.
- Beat an egg and using the remaining puff-pastry, cut 5 cm (roughly 2″) lengths (or longer if you can) to match the width of the lip of the pie dish.
- Brush the egg onto the lip of the pie dish and using the 5 cm lengths of pastry, create a first layer. Pinch the seams together using your fingers. This will help give body to the crust on the edge of the pie.
- Fill the pie dish with the chicken and vegetable mixture.
- Brush the first layer of pastry on the lip with egg and and cover it with the full circle of puff-pastry to create the pie’s lid.
- Cut a hole in the centre of the lid, brush it with the remaining egg and bake on the lowest rack position in the Fornetto Oven* at 190C (375F) for about 35-40 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
*This pie can also be baked in a conventional oven, or try it in your Fornetto smoker or kamado for an amazing smokey flavour!