- With your oven still hot, this is the perfect opportunity to start this simple dessert and bake some apples and pears in foil.
- Use ripe and sweet apples or pears but do not peel the fruit.
- Cut the fruit in half and place on a large sheet of tin foil. Sprinkle with finely chopped pistachios (other nuts can be used if preferred), brown sugar and cinnamon or nutmeg and wrap the fruit securely in the foil to create a parcel.
- Bake in the hot Fornetto oven for twenty-thirty minutes. Fruit is cooked when it is soft and just collapsing on itself.
- Serve hot straight from the oven with vegan or dairy-based ice cream or cream. Delicious!
For a more decadent treat – why not try whole bananas stuffed with pieces of chocolate inside – the kids will love it.
This flexible recipe can be made in a conventional oven or your Fornetto oven. You can also place the foil parcel in a kamado or on top of a grill. The higher the temperature the less time you will need!