Serve the burgers on the toasted buns with slices of tomato, onion, avocado, fresh coriander, the Chipotle slaw and rings of pickled Jalapeño peppers! The cheese and bacon flavour bursts with every single bite and the Chipotle weds everything perfectly adding a touch of earthy smokiness and heat!
You can make these burgers in a conventional oven or a Fornetto oven, a kamado or a smoker, on the grill or the hob!
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Form into the desired amount of patties with your hand or using a burger press. If the mixture is too wet you can add some bread crumbs to absorb the extra moisture. This won’t affect the flavour and will help create a stickier mix.
- Remove the racks from the Fornetto and place a drip pan filled with water in the bottom. This will catch the drips and will keep the patties moist while they cook.
- Preheat the Fornetto to 200C (390F).
- Place the patties directly on one of the racks and when the oven is at temperature, place the rack with the patties into the oven, in the lowest position possible over the drip pan.
- Cook for about 8 minutes per side or until you reach the desired doneness. Turn only once during the cooking and toast your buns at the same time as you turn them.
While the burgers cook, prepare the simple Chipotle slaw! Finely dice and combine half of a small cabbage and half of an iceberg lettuce. Mix in 1.5 cups (375 ml) of mayonnaise, 3 tbsp of Chipotle sauce (or more) and the juice of 1 lime.