- Roast the walnuts slightly in a pan until aromatic.
- Coarsely grate the zucchini (courgette) and allow to drain in a colander, dry with paper towels using light pressure.
- Mix the eggs, sugar and vanilla in a bowl.
- Add the oil in while beating.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt and speculaas spice.
- Mix the flour mixture with the egg mixture thoroughly and add in the chopped, roasted walnuts and zucchini (courgette).
- Grease the springform pan, pour in the mixture and bake in a preheated 175C (350F) Fornetto Oven in the middle position.*
- Bake for approximately 1 hour. Do not allow it to dry out.
- Loosen the cake from the sides of the springform pan with the help on a knife.
Note: Delicious with whipped cream!
* You could also try making the cake in a conventional oven, or better still in a smoker or a kamado! Just make sure you set up for indirect cooking in a kamado, or on the bottom rack of your smoker.