- Mix the meat with the eggs and seasonings fully and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Form into balls of 340 gr (12 oz.) each and press into patties using a burger press or your hands. Be sure that the meat is fully compacted.
- Make the filling beginning by caramelising the onions in butter. Fry the mushrooms and the bacon until brown and mix with the caramelised onions. Allow to cool.
- Follow the full directions in the blog for the assembly instructions.
- Begin by bringing the broth to a simmer. Whisk in all ingredients except the sour cream and allow to return to a simmer.
- When the broth is at a simmer, add the sour cream, whisking continuously and remove from the heat. Serve immediately.
- Use on the stuffed Salisbury steaks and sprinkle with caraway seeds if desired.