Why not experiment? Anchovies and olives? Ham and Pineapple? Top this deep-dish pizza any way you like it! Here’s our recipe for bacon, pepperoni and onion.
- Begin by preparing the dough following the directions in the recipe on our website: Click here.
- When the dough has risen, preheat your Fornetto oven, kamado, smoker or conventional oven to 190C (375F). (Note that for a deep-dish pizza made in a ceramic dish, it’s important that the heat is not too high, or the toppings will cook too quickly, and the dough won’t cook through).
- Lightly grease the dish with a small amount of olive oil.
- Spread the dough in the dish using your fingertips until it stays at the edge of the dish on its own.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the dough. If you like it very saucy, use the whole 1/4 cup of sauce.
- Sprinkle 3/4 of the grated cheese evenly over the sauce.
- Place the bacon, pepperoni and onions rings evenly on the pizza and sprinkle the remaining cheese over top.
- Drizzle the top lightly with extra virgin olive oil.
Bake the pizza in the lowest rack position of the Fornetto oven, or a conventional oven for 30-40 minutes. If baking two, alternate the pizzas halfway through the cooking time. If you are using a kamado place the ceramic dish on the grill above the heat deflectors.
Allow the pizza to cool for about 5 minutes in the dish then remove, slice and serve. You’re in for a treat. Enjoy!