A bread cloche, along with making fantastic bread, can also be used for preparing many different delicious dishes. Let your imagination run wild like we’ve done here!
- Preheat your Fornetto oven, your conventional oven, or your kamado to 190℃ (375℉).
- Wash the artichokes and using a very sharp knife, slice the stem end and the tips of the leaves off.
- Place 8 to 9 lemon slices in the bottom of the bread cloche and top each lemon slice with an artichoke.
- Salt each artichoke generously and drizzle each one with olive oil. Top with a second slice of lemon.
- Pour the cup of water into the cloche’s base and cover with the dome.
- Bake for 1.5 hours.
Tip: The base of the artichoke joining the leaves to the heart is the edible part and is eaten by biting off the tender ends of the harder outer leaves. As you near the centre of the artichoke and the leaves are a pale yellow-green, both the leaves and heart can be eaten at this point.